What causes allergy to eyes symptoms being swollen eyes and rashes around the eyes?

I have reoccurring eye reactions. I have went for allergy tests for them previous (in the Summer of 2013, see below), but we did not find anything, except an allergy to cats (I do not have cats, and take allergy medication around cats). Since then I have had at least 3 eye reactions (not to cats) but from something unknown that I suspect to be an allergy. 1st reaction - Summer 2013 - symptoms started in the grocery store (went for allergy test after this occurrence - only allergy shown was to cats) 2nd reaction - November 6, 2013 - symptoms started while shopping on Robson Street in Vancouver, Canada (where I live) 3rd reaction - January 4, 2013 - symptoms came during the night and were continuing in the morning. This is the typical reaction: - My eyes both swell, the skin surrounding my eyes swell very large, to the point where they almost cover my eye. If I take an allergy pill it helps somewhat, but does not reduce or stop the swelling altogether. The cause of the swelling is unknown, and has happened both during the day while out shopping (twice), and at home at night (once, the last time). I do not get any nasal reaction, just the reaction in the eyes. Once the swelling goes down (in 3-4 days), I get a rash around my eyes that stays for about 1-2 weeks. I also get some bumps and slight swelling. My eyes also swell more at night during the reaction. The cause of the swelling and rash is unknown at this point. I did not change anything in my makeup or skin care routine during either of these occasions. My food intake is generally healthy, and I cannot think of anything I had out of the ordinary during these occasions. I ve also gotten a forehead rash and a rash under my nose this time (which did not happen last time). It is itchy, red and swollen, and also gets more swollen at night. Yesterday I had blurred vision following a massage. I was laying face down on a massage table for one hour today, and my eyes were more swollen following the massage. I also experienced blurred, distorted vision that last approximately 2 hours after where I felt a bit dissy and off”. They swelled again overnight and the rash also got worse once the swelling went down. It was worse than morning than most, although the first few days of the reaction looked similar to this. Another note: We steam cleaned our carpet on the day of January 4, 2014 when the reaction started. That may also be important to note. We do not have a pet, but there were dogs or cats in our condo with the previous tenants as we found a lot of pet fur in the carpet.
Wed, 5 Feb 2014