What causes a rash on the hand after shoulder surgery?

I had surgery in my shoulder and they removed the bursa, took out scar tissue and repaired a tear. Now they think a pinched nerve in my neck. The pain has affected my whole arm. Now I have a rash on my hand for the last 2 months. It itches and pains. Then will peel. To start the cycle again. I use cortizone on it. It helps the pain and itching. What is the rash. It looks like a bad burn.
Thu, 6 Jun 2019

It may be contact allergic dermatitis. Consult the dermatologist for the perfect diagnosis and proper treatment. I would recommend you to take a course of antibiotic in tapering dose. Take antihistaminics like cetirizine 10 mg daily till itch is relieved. Apply steroid cream on the affected areas. Avoid contact with suspected allergens like soap,deodorant,woollen clothes..etc

Hope this helps.

Dr.Ilyas Patel, Dermatologist