Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

What cause frequent urination and pain in the opening of the urethra and how can it be treated ?

hey... iam 34yrs lady,past few months i am having very frequent urination and pain in the opening of the urethra ... below is my urinalysis report... PHYSICAL=volume-4.0 appearance-clear colour-yellowish CHEMICAL=nitrite-nil ph-6.5 protein-nil sp.gravity- 1.015 glucose-nil urobilinogen-nil bilirubin-nil ketons-nil blood-nil MICROSCOPIC-pus cells- 3-4/HBF rbcs-nil casts-nil crystals-nil others-nil and i have also done urine culture it was found nil bacterial growth.kindly pls advice what it is and what medication should i take thanx
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jul 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  107
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
The frequency in your case is due to stimulus of pain. The pain can be due to some local swelling or infection or any other prblem related to VD. Cure in ayurveda can be expected from chander prabha vati 2 tds. and gandhak rasayan 1 tds.
Answered: Sun, 3 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
urine report indicate urinary infection
it can possible to have normal culture report despite infection
so u need to take antibiotic like ofloxacin or azithromycin and analgesic medicine.
it will surely help u .
in elderly age prostate is common ,but it is rare in ur age group .
so better to consult urologist and start medicine.
drink more water
Answered: Fri, 1 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response

Welcome to HCM.
Your report is perfectly normal and you do not have any infection.
Best approach is to avoid all medication. Drink plenty of water.
Unnecessary intake of medicines is harmful to the body.
As for frequency, you need to get an ultrasound study done to estimate prevoid volume and post void residual volume of urine to see if you maintain significant residual urine.
If there is significant residual urine, you need to consult an urologist to find out the cause for that, which could include narrowing of the urethra or uterine prolapse.
Please avoid medicines, unless absolutely indicated.
Answered: Fri, 1 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor