Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

What can be the cause of severe knee pain ?

I injured my knee years ago playing soccer, I was running full out when my right foot met with the ball at exact same time as the other person, my right leg stopped dead and the rest of my body carried on the motion, my knee twisted alot, I never really went to go get it checked out, after that, I can now twist my foot around to almost 180 degrees, I also have a loss of feeling in the skin on my knee cap. I was in a car accident early last year, and the same knee took all the force of the crash, I again refused to get it checked out but it is started to become unbearable pain daily. My knee gives out on a constant basis and some days I have to limp to be able to get around. Any idea as to what the issue would be as I do not have insurance.
Asked On : Thu, 5 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  107
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to health care magic

After the injury at field the knee was able to flex 180 degree rules out any frature. loss of sensation at knee cap is due to nerve injury. but after this car accident knee pain is increased and movement is restricted suggestive of ligamental injury.. CT or MRI is required to diagnose it.... at present you can apply a knee brace and walk.. need to consult a orthopedician ..
Answered: Thu, 5 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
I suggest you to visit an Orthopaedician or Arthroscopy surgeon (key hole surgery Ortopaedician) as you have damaged knee ligaments. If you continue without treatment, this will worsen and you'll land up with a painful knee with limited movements later in life. This will progress to early Osteoarthritis of the knee i.e severe pain, swelling, difficulty in walking. If you dont have an insurance, visit a Government hospital with an Orthopaedics department.
Answered: Fri, 6 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor