Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

What can I do for hamstring and how long it will take to recover ?

I pulled my hamstring and was wondering how long until I can get back to dancing? Im 15 and am quite flexible and the splits was easy but then about 3 weeks ago at dance I did the splits to fast and I heard a pop sound and felt a tear that was right underneath my bum cheek at my upper hamstring and I have been in pain since then but its getting better. It hurts to walk on a bit but more when i try to stretch it out and now i m loosing my flexibilty.. What can I do to get back into the splits and how long will it take?
Asked On : Sat, 5 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  411
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Homeopath 's  Response
Injuries to hamstring may take more than 2weeks to heal.Give cold compressions ;take a pain killer as prescribed by your doctor ;give rest to the leg & don't try to stretch.Exact time to get back to routine is difficult to know but even if you want to try any exerting please do it only after 4 weeks.
Answered: Sat, 5 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi, Welcome to Healthcaremagic!
Probably you had suffered from a muscle pull or rarely tear. Tears heal but you require rest, analgesics & muscle relaxants; sometimes there may be fibrosis in injured area which in future may lead to loss of flexibility or some problem in dance. Its better to consult an orthopedic specialist ASAP for a timely evaluation.
Good luck.
Answered: Sat, 5 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor