Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

What can I do for genital warts during pregnancy ?

Genital warts during Pregnancy
Asked On : Tue, 18 Oct 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  222
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
There is no harm in locally cauterizing the wart. But if you are not comfortable with treating wart during pregnancy, you may wait until delivery takes place and if the wart does not subside, you may consider treating it.
If the wart is too large and if there is a possibility of it obstructing vaginal delivery or causing problem at the time of delivery it is advisable that you get it treated now.
Wish you all the best.
Answered: Wed, 19 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.Get VDRL test done and don't do anything else.Wait for the pregnancy to be over.Many times these warts resolve after pregnancy is over.If these warts persist then you can go for their removal surgically or through cryo surgery or laser therapy.Good luck.
Answered: Wed, 19 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor