Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

What are the ways for me to reduce weight ?

i am now 108 kgs weight my height is 5.4 inches.i am having pcod problem .from chilhood itself i was over weight .during my pregnancy i gained 28 kgs weight ,i reduced 8 kg after delivery but now again i gained 8 kgs within a month ,i ate a non veg so that i had milk .now i am breast feeding my 3month old baby .i reduced all non veg so that i dont have sufficient milk and also i didnt gain weight .because of over weight i am depressed a lot ,before marriage i tried hard and reduce upto 16 i have to reduce a lot.i want to reduce it within 1 yr ,and also pls prescribe any medicine .when can i take metformin tablet.
Asked On : Thu, 30 Jun 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  155
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Please do not get dishearten.You are in crucial phase of your life that is lactation.Ideally when you are feeding your child,you should not try any weight loss programme.Please try to watch your diet,take healthy diet and avoid high calorie foods.Take more of salads and regular exercise at least 150 minutes in a week.Please do not take any medicines are you are lactating mother.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
hi SSK
welcome to HCM,
read your prob, no doubt 108kg weight is mattrr of worry. but you should not bother.
there is no corelation between non vag n milk formation . it can be formed in suufficient amount when mother should take plenty of liquid.
ok n for about weight loss, you should take heavy breakfast, take n dinner as you wish but should take full plate salad before meal. take fiber riched diet. avoid nonvag n fatty diet. statr morning walk.
along with it you should take vitamin C tab once daily.
after this trial you feel you weight is redused within 15 days.
Dr aseem 9982583020
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello ssk;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Since you are 108 kgs simple control of diet will not help you and you will need aggressive line of management.Please visit a good gym where there are dietitians and fitness trainers.The dietitian will give you advise regarding diet and the fitness trainer will help you with work out to shed your weight.The main goal will be do burn more calories than you take.Do not get depressed and do regular fitness training.As for the medicine metformin is used in few cases of PCOD and it does help reduce the weight also but it is a drug used for diabetes so it can lower your blood sugar if taken without consulting a Physician.Please concentrate on diet and exercise and better do not take any medicine.
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor