• question-icon

What are the symptoms of thrombosis?

I have a 13 year old son that does carry the MRSA (community) virsus. about 3 months ago he got a knot under his right arm that would not go away. We had several visits with our pediatrician. Blood work was checked and we watched the sight for weeks. Finally redness ran down the inner upper arm and he was put on antibiotics for cellulitis and had surgery for a abcess gland under the arm 1 1/2 months ago. Now
he has developed cellulitis in the same arm that we think started form a small sore on his thumb.(Not infected). It started at his wrist and continued up the inner arm almost to the arm pit. He is on Cephalexin 500mg three times a day. Vyvanse for ADD and Clonidine 0.1mg at bedtime to help him sleep. The cellulitis has cleared up but he now has thrombosis. He had a ultra sound for DVT and it came back good.but the main artery is still red and has small lumps. He says it also itches.
Wed, 26 Apr 2017
Resepected user, hi I evaluated your query thoroughly.
*It is superficial thrombophlebitis.
- apply ice for 3-4 times a day over it.
- keep the area clean & dry.
- continue your current medications.
- apply Thrombophobe ointment locally starting from center of the affected
vein slowly applying towards both ends with ease not harshly for 3-4 times
a day.
Hope this clears your query.
Thanks for using Health care magic & keeping trust in our medical services.
Wishing your son fast and speedy recovery from the same.
Regards dear take care of him.