• question-icon

What are the symptoms of thrombosis?

Hi my name is Leonard, and I ve been reading a lot about DVT, but I m not sure if that s what I have. For over a year now, I ve been noticing a lot of internal vein growth in my entire body, from my head to my feet, they re even in my throat, that also includes the pelvic area, I feel a lot warmth inside, every so often, my veins have become more visible, my hands and feet and other areas get red spots every once in a while, and my arms have also begun to bother me a lot, and lately I m developing a lot of serious pain, I even feel unusual vein growth in my neck and ears, and around my eyes. I ve gone to every doctor imaginable this past year and a half, and I ve take chest x-rays, ultrasound in the early stages of this, blood tests, urine test, CT scans, and even colonoscopy, but with the exception of hemrroids from the latter, everything has come out as excellent and they all say my health is 100% excellent. There has been a notice of high temperature and irritation on my throat, but other than that, everything has come out as very positive and the medics all say I m fine. But if that s true, why am I feeling this way? Is this a sign of thrombosis, is it any other issue, or is this normal?
Mon, 27 Oct 2014
Hi Leonard ! firstly let me assure you that you do not have a thrombosis . if you can see veins all over your body, you are just seeing your normal anatomy. your subcutaneous tissue has probably thinned so you can see your veins better. A vein thrombosis causes pain and swellings of the vein and limb. Now concerning the red spots in your body on and off, check your bleeding time, PT and PTT and if normal, take a course of Vitamin C. if the spots recurs( spontaneous bruising), it could be related to thin subcutaneous tissue which by itself is harmless. however, if that is true, you might want to check for homocysteinuria and marfans s syndrome.