What are the side effects of prolonged use of Flagyl and Alpha Lipoic Acid ?

After many years of pain from a reaction I had to Flagyl , neuropathy of the CNS , maybe it s even a toxicity , I ve had it for 10 years, a neurologist just recently connected the dots and seems to think that Flagyl is at the root of my problem. My question is ....is there any help for this type of problem? I ve been taking Alpha Lipoic Acid for years also along with many other herbs.
Mon, 16 Apr 2012
Welcome to HCM,

Flagyl may cause neuropathy like tingling and numbness in rare cases, but it does not persist for so long. When and for how many days you took the medicine, and what was the indication for Flagyl. usually, we give flagyl for short duration-may be 3 to 5 days, or maximum 21days if it is a chronic PID or some other Anaerobic infections.
Though Alpha Lipoic Acid is useful for peripheral neuropathy, but long term use can itself cause numbness, and tingling. Why do you take Herbal medicine? I would suggest you should not taking any medicine even supplements unnecessarily, thinking that these herbal, Ayurvedic, Homeopathic or traditional medicine has no side effects.
DO you drink Alcohol? DO you Smoke? DO you have any Systemic disease, like Diabetes, Liver disease, GIT, malnutrition? Alpha Lipoic Acid also affects your blood sugar level, and have interaction with many drug.
What exactly is your problem? where do you feel pain? what neurological problem you have/
Sorry, it is not clear from your question.