How long do ileal ulcers take to completely heal?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Wed, 16 May 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I just did colonscopy and inwas diagnosed with small erthematous T. Ileum Ulcers , how long it will take to treat this condition ?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Minimum 2 weeks.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query.

The main treatment aims to stop the inflammation in the intestine.Adalimumab, sold under the trade name Humira is used to treat it.In a clinical study, some patients taking HUMIRA saw results as quickly as 2 weeks. For others, it can take up to 3 months or longer.
HUMIRA targets and helps to block a source of inflammation usually linked to an overproduction of certain proteins, including one called tumor necrosis factor (TNF), which is produced naturally by your body's immune system.
Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 2 hours later
How come i can make sure it never comes back and treated to be healed entirely , you suggest a certain diet ?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,
Initially take complete treatment after that most important factor in preventing recurrence is a natural and simple diet. This should consist of unrefined food such as whole grain cereals, XXXXXXX honey and lentils green leafy vegetables, like spinach, beans, lettuce, celery, asparagus, carrot. Increase the amount of plant foods yoy consume to get more fiber in diet.Use fish oil and castor oil-Fish oil is believed to encourage healthy digestion.Whole-grain bread, XXXXXXX oatmeal, beans and lentils can also relieve the problem so use it Instead of highly processed rice, eat brown rice, millet or bulgur.
Eat 2 cups of fruit 3 cups of vegetables and about 35 grams of fiber per day
fruits: Generally all fruits, except are beneficial.
Pears are beneficial for you.Guava fruit when eaten with seeds, gives roughage to diet and help in inflammation.
The grapes have the cellulose; natural sugar and organic acid make them a potent anti inflammatory. Not only they clean the bowel, but also tones up the stomach and intestines to relieve them.
Avoid processed foods,Alcohol,Sodas,Cola,Burger pizza and junk food.Stay natural remain healthy.
Medicines followed by proper life style modification would make you disease free.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Can you prepare a diet plan by day please and how long it will take to be fully healed ?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up answer.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again my dear patient,
Definitely yes i can help you with your diet but please give me some basic food (staple food ) you use to have as routine.
Basically your cuisine(like english food or asian or arabic).

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 43 minutes later
Doctor another update apparently the mucus charge is caused by ambiasess parasite and misdiagnosed as IBD . And now am treating ulcers and ambiasses , i dont think its ibd
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
follow up

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear patient,
Amoebiasis is easily curable.You are just 30 i am really happy for you that its not IBD.
You would be given a course of antibiotic ofloxacin 400mg twice daily with metronidazole 400mg thrice daily for 7 days and you would be fine.
Its a good news for you buddy.
Just take light easily digestible food for few days.
After that get a stool test done if its normal.
You are a free bird.
Enjoy life.
Good luck!
But it was responsible of causing the ulcers in the colon not ibd
Brief Answer:
follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Amoeba penetrates the mucosal layer of intestine.They do so to labsorb nitrition.Recurrent penetration causes ulcers.Don’t worry follow what i said any you would be fine sir.
IBD causes ulcerative colotis its not ulcers dear.
Thanks and get wellsoon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Th gave me pantesa to treat ulcers and flagil for ambiasses e
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Good treatment
Pantesa would take care of ulcers.
Flagyl is metrogyl.
Can you please message me dosage potency and duration of treatment my dear patient.
waiting!
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 18 minutes later
Two weeke approx
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
follow up.

Detailed Answer:
It would take 7-14 days.
Get a stool test post therapy
Regards!
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 10 hours later
Another question regarding malnutrition , does amoebacause lack of vitamins in the body ?
Brief Answer:
follow up.

Detailed Answer:
My dear patient,
Any parasite which lives inside your body absorbs food and nutrition from your blood. Thats why they are inside you.
So yes they use vitamin minerals and all sorts of nutrition from your body.
Regards!
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 31 hours later
That means i should be feeling fatigue and lightheaded ?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Not necessary sir.
It depends on the number of parasites in your body.
Your food habits.
Your hemoglobin contents.
your life style mild moderate or sedantry activity.
Regards.

Malnutrition cause vitamin defeciency
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Dear patient,
Vitamins and minerals are absorbed from food only.
So if nutrition is deficient but obviously body would kack vitamins and minerals.
Therefore a healthy diet is advocated.
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 51 minutes later
Amoeba cause lack of vitamins also
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow up.

Detailed Answer:
No not directly but if left untreated it may cause bloody ameobiasis.
Now as blood is lost important mineral and vitamins are lost.
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 16 minutes later
Yeah i have blood with mucus stoolsymptom but my cbc is normal but it might lost vitamins
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Yes dear for that you can take external vitamin supplementation.
Do you feel dizzy week letharge lasitude?