What are the side effects of adderall 15 mg?

I just started taking the drug adderall 15mg 2 months ago. Since then I ve noticed my heart pounding faster, my chest tightening and pain in my chest. I feel like I am always trying to get a breath and sometimes can t. I m a 32 year old female of 2 kids. is this just a side affect of the medicine? anxiety, heart burn or something worse?
Fri, 16 Jul 2021

Adderall contains both amphetamine and dextroamphetamine that belongs to the group of medications known as stimulant medications is used in the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder or ADHD and also narcolepsy. But like other medications this medication has some side effects of its own. It may cause fast heart rate, chest pain, tightness or discomfort, anxiety, nervousness, irritability, heartburn, breathing difficulties etc.

Other side effects of this medication are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, dryness of mouth, headache, fever, mood swings, depression, loss of appetite, weight loss, stomach pain, insomnia, GIT upset, fatigue, weakness, tiredness, allergic reactions etc. Most of the side effects are self limiting as well as temporary and usually go away over time as the body adjusts to this medication. But, if these side effects persist for long or bother you, then you should consult your doctor first for medical attention.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Zubayer Alam, General And Family Physician