Does one develop tolerance to ADHD medication?
Thanks for your question.
This is certainly not standard of care and I would not advise it. Tolerance to ADHD medication is very rare. There are actually only two kinds of ADHD medication: methylphenidate and amphetamine, in different preparations of releasing mechanisms. Rotating through medications would not actually change tolerance buildup at all as most medications are really just different releasing mechanisms of the same chemical. I would stick with one medication that works for you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- On adhd medication why do i have issues with sweating
- Can adhd medication lead to heart issues
- Should i meet a doctor after accidentally taking adhd medication
- Hi i have been overdosing with my adhd medication vyvanse
- Over the counter adhd medication
- Adhd medication when running a fever
- Is surgery safe if taking adhd medication
- Medical causes of adhd
- Usage of adhd medication
- Side effects of adhd medication
- Do antidepressants cause depression?
- Suggest treatment for chronic fatigue syndrome
- Does intake of Elavil help in treating fear and depression?
- Suggest treatment for schizophrenia
- Does Shakeology supplements interact with multivitamin supplements?
- What is Abilify used for?
- Can Wellbutrin be taken in place of Escitalopram?
- Does Parkinson's disease cause cognitive impairment?
- Is Levocetirizine the right medicine for stress?
- Is ETG test advisable after consuming alcohol?