Does alcohol interact with Sertraline and Methylphenidate?

Dr. Suma Parinam

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: Can you share with me the possible side effects for someone drinking while also taking Sertraline and methylphenida?
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Alcohol interactions.

Detailed Answer:
Yes alcohol has interactions with Sertraline. They are like this:While on Sertraline alcohol increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience judgment errors, impairment in thinking and motor in coordination.

And with methylphenidate, nervous system side effects such as anxiety, drowsiness, nervous breakdown, depression and seizure attacks are prevalent.
Follow up: Dr. Suma Parinam 9 minutes later
is there any increased issues when someone takes both of these prescriptions and has drinks?
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
It is imminent and the issues would increase if you take both and also alcohol.