Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

122 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What are the merits and demerits of starting puberty at eight and a half years of age ? Should we delay this by an year or two using mdication ?

Dear Doctor My daughter is 8 1/2 years old and got puberty before few days back. we have contacted gynac as well as hormone specialist. she has suggested to take the blood test , Pelvic ultra sound plus MRI head . we have complted everything. she also suggested, this can be postponed by reversing by giving an injection once in 3 months and delay this for atleast year or two since she too young to undergo the complexity of puberty. request your suggestion on 1. whether this is advisable 2. merits and de merits request your help
Thu, 12 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests ,   ,  
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
There are many possibility of precocious puberty and mainly Central causes like CNS trauma ,tumor ,infection.but first to exclude the familial causes .When her mother got Puberty?We have to know all the reports.
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Dr. Mishty Ballaney's  Response
pubety age is the natural physiological process so i wl advice not to go for the treatment that u had a days early puberty is very common owing to telivision as well todays culture these things lead them for excitement and so early puberty results in.
General & Family Physician Dr. Rishi Pal Singh's  Response
Hi ! Puberty at an early age is called precocious puberty. Normal age is around 10 to 14 years , but it has been seen early in some African girls. Causes of this precocious puberty may be genetic or organic. If the investigations are suggestive of organic causes then treatment should be started with the advice of the treating physician other wise not. Your treating physician is in a better position to guide you better. Thanks
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
Dr. jignesh sanghvi's  Response
i thinks this is not advisable.
now a day many cases see this type of problem becasue our lifestyle and all thanks to television and film. Many filme scene are excited and damage our child brain and he thinks continiou about this so now after this televison culture this happen and i advice that dont play with nature.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hey im 21 years old but still havent gone through puberty I am very worried any advice? I also have gynecomastia but i have no money or health insurance for surgery and I have a penis problem as well but im more embarrassed at the fact that even my younger cousin looks older than me and i always get that embarrassing look and comments when people hear my age or see my id and im tired of it i need something to at least make my voice deeper and grow some facial hair because i have not one hair on my chin or above my lip i mean nothing

doctor1 MD

Hello Dr Shehzad Topiwala , First of all i would like to thank you for your help and advice . I suffer from an extended case of delayed puberty ( 18 of age ) , its been frustrating over the years but i have learned how to cope with it. However i think that (3-6 months) ago , i have hit puberty but i am not certainly sure , here is why i believe so : 1) I have little DARK hair under my arm pits. 2 ) I have alot of pubic hair all over my reproductive system area , including my *ass*. 3 ) I sometimes wakeup with my boxers full of Yellow/Transparent Fluid Spots. 4) I do not have the enthusiasim to masturbate , or to test out anything of that sort thus cannot confirm if i actually hit it or not , and even when i try usually nothing happens. Now here is my problem : 1) Did I hit puberty? 2) Will i be able to have a normal sex life? to have kids? 3) Is there something wrong with me? Should i take treatment?

doctor1 MD

I m 18 years old, male. I weighed 150 last year, now I m 125. I have skinny forearms and small hands and feet. But I m 5 9 tall. I was malnourished during the age of the start of puberty and my growth was stunted. My muscles seem to be slowly getting bigger even though I ve lost weight. Everything seems to be caught up on my puberty except my bone structure size and muscle size. Am I stuck like this?

Recent questions on  Blood test

doctor1 MD

my crp is 28.46 mg/L. ESR is 50mm/hr. urine test result: WBC/hpf:25-30, RBC/HPf: 3-4, Epithelial cells: 6-8. the increase in crp is it because of urinary infection . one and half years ago i had infective colitis and then my crp wasraised to 113. and it was treated fully. now because of the increase in crp whether i have to go for endoscopy

doctor1 MD

My husband is 27 years old. He feels restless all the day. He sweats and snores at the night. His report show high rbc count as 7.05 mln/cub m.m. , mean cell volume is 62.4 fl, mean cell hb is 20.3 pg, rdw cv is 16.3 %, sgpt is 67 iu/l, serum triglyceride is 161 mg/dl. Please elaborate what does all indicate to and what should we consult with a doctor. Please help.

doctor1 MD

Dear Sir,

My mother has been suffering from Kidney disease. She never had any problem with BP or Blood Sugar but he has been declared to have bilateral renal parenchyma disease since 2005.

She is taking a calculated diet limiting the salt content in the food to 3 gm/day. The recent blood test conducted (2 months back) has reported bad results and the details are listed below:-

Creatinine - 7.5

Hemoglobin - 8.1

Blood Sugar (Fasting) 88 mg/DL

Urea - 150

Sodium - 131

Potassium - 4.2

What should be the next step? Is kidney transplantation the only choice? When/where should it be done? Is it getting very worse or we still have some time to go for the transplantation?

Please help.

Thanks, Kunal


doctor1 MD

Hello, about 13 days ago I drank alot of alcochol and I have been dizzy with a slight headache since then. I have been to the doctor he said it is probably liver intoxication, that it will go away, that was a week ago. I did a bunch of blood tests everything seems normal accept my hep B anti hps was 93. This happened about 2 months ago as well, the doc gave me, b6 dramin (portuguese), which I took for a week and the dizzyness went away. Any clue what it could be? Is this normal because of alcohol consumption? I have drank alot in the past years, never had this happen before.

doctor1 MD

I am having sinus pressure and I recently had pneumonia . I do use salt water rinse. Today I kept falling asleep. I got up and ate dinner but tonight I am again fighting to stay awake. I saw my Doctor yesterday, she did a blood test . Thank you, XXXX

doctor1 MD

My ESR Test Result: 30mm/hr in 1st hour and 2nd hour 60mm/hr why it’s come like can you please explain. Last 2 weeks on word i ma getting itching .what the reason The doctor has started working on your question. Once the doctor submits the answer,...

doctor1 MD

I have pain in my upper right hand side of my chest, feel sick after eating, and get really hungry, and thirsty. Could this indicate esophageal cancer or gallbladder problems?