Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

What are the causes for period cramps, brown discharge ?

I have irregular periods, but this month Ive had cramping for the past 3 days, period cramps with no period. I have discharge tinted slightly brown but not to noticable. I am due for my period. My appetite changes every day one day im hungry, one day I dont have an appetite at all. Some nights I have insomnia and some nights I can sleep for a long time. Should I take a pregnancy test?
Asked On : Sat, 5 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  153
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Since you have irregular periods earlier and now these symptoms, so pregnancy needs to be ruled out because in irregular periods it is very difficult to forecast ovulation days. To confirm the status of your pregnancy, you can get a serum HCG test done which is more specific than a urine test or a do a urine for pregnancy test by kits available in market.

Hope it helps you. Regards.

Answered: Sat, 5 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor