Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Want to loose Weight.

There are chart and tables that are used to determine what one?s target weight should be. They vary according to gender, height, age, and bone structure. A simpler and more useful piece of information is Body Mass Index (BMI). The BMI is calculated by dividing your weight (in kilograms) by the square of one?s height (in meters). To fall within the ?healthy range? on the BMI, the result should be within 20 and 25. Results, both, lesser and greater than these values are associated with significant health risks. Adults can benefit from weight loss if they are moderately to severely overweight. Adults who are overweight and have weight-related medical problems or a family history of such problems can benefit from weight loss. Some weight-related health problems include diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, or high blood sugar levels. Even a small weight loss of 10 to 20 pounds can improve one?s health. One does not need to lose weight if one?s weight is within the healthy range on the weight-for-height chart
Fri, 29 Apr 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
secret to burning fat lies in the correct combination of exercise and diet .Reducing your calorie and salt intake is a good way to fat burning. Sodium levels in your body help to retain water and contribute to body fat.substitute your high calorie foods with low calorie ones.take food atleast 2 hr before sleep in night.Exercises will speed up your body metabolism and hasten the burning of calories. Therefore, you will effectively lose weight.aerobics more regularly.take more fruits.avoid processed foods.avoid stress and be happy always.
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Certain medicines are also available for weight reduction. There are two main types of weight reducing drugs: one class decreases appetite while the other prevents dietary fat from being absorbed by the body. These drugs should be taken only with doctor's advice, as there are a lot of side effects related with their use. Surgery to cure obesity should be undertaken as the last resort for people who are very obese, have tried all the other options available and have medical problems. The main surgical option is to have your stomach banded or stapled so that it cannot accommodate more food. Why not eat less voluntarily?
  User's Response
i am 22 yrs 5 feet. having the same problem of fats in hips n thighs portion. plz help me out how to loose. will skipping rope is helpful. i do 500 times daily.
  User's Response
i am no expert, but a worthier goal would be to loose FAT rather than simply lose weight. i've read in some other helath forums that one can be fit even when one weighs more... as a matter of fact, i myself am fighting borderline obesity. i am 21, 5'1" and weigh 75 kilos... trying hard to lose the excess fat accumulated in my waist and hips... my goal is to achieve it in about a year.
  User's Response
i m 26 and my weight is 90 how do i lose my weight
  User's Response
my weight is 90 i m 26 years old i wanna lose my weight as soon as possible after pregnancy i gained so much weight
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor