Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Upper back pain with a bruise

severe non stop pain in upper back lower part of shoulder blades in middle. same spot has what looks like huge round bruise been there for over a year now
Asked On : Thu, 2 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  1469
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
This could be a small swelling compressing on your nerves causing pain. This is just a possibility. Kindly visit your Doctor and he may examine and recommend appropriate management. You may try taking Pregabalin tablets once a day if the pain is very severe.
Answered: Thu, 2 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Suhani Sethi's  Response
welcome to hcm
that round thing could probably be a trigger point.
try frictional massage over that point.
this technique uses thumb pressure in a circular manner over the lump ( trigger point)
this will dissolve the pain metabolites that hv accumulated in tat area.
also try icing that spot.
you can take analgesic if pain is severe.
once the pain has gone down , try muscle strengthening exercises for trapezius muscle.
Answered: Fri, 3 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor