Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Unbearable pain on the sole. Oozing pus like a zit. What could it be?

Hello. An allmost unbearable pain has developed on the sole of my right foot . Dead central on my heel, I can touch the exact spot. I do have a lot of dead skin on this foot & was able to remove some to see if it was a veruca. The pain is a throbbing beat like pain & intensified as I got closer when suddenly a small amount of puss shot out like a zit allmost. It still hurts a lot & does I m Most cases make me feel very sick.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, it seems that you are having abscess in your sole which needs proper medical attention.

You should consult Emergency Department and get the pus drained.
You will feel better once full pus is drained.

Also get culture/sensitivity of pus discharge done to know the appropriate antibiotic to treat the infective organism.

You may need dressing of the wound.
You may take an antibiotic according to the culture/sensitivity reports.
Painkiller like Ibuprofen can be taken twice daily after meals along with serratiopeptidase and an antacid like Omeprazole 40 mg once a day for relief.

I hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Mon, 22 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor