Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Unable to maintain erection, frequent masturbation. Treatment for condition?

Hi, I have married about 3 months ago. I am trying to have intercourse with my wife but not able to have erection time of more than a minute. I used masturbate very often since about 10 years now(about q to 3 times aday), does that have anythin to with my present condition. Or else can you suggest how to enhance my erection time. Do I have to see a doctor or there any tips and` `tricks i can try first.
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and thanks for the query,

Masturbation is considered a very healthy habit and also promotes sex life. Do not consider masturbation to be unhealthy in anyway.

I understand the anxiety you must be facing as you have recently signed up for the institution of marriage.

If you are still performing the act of masturbation after marriage, my advice in your case would be to reduce the number of times you masturbate in a day, and leave most of the performance for the time you choose to have intercourse with your wife.

Sexual gratification and performance is more of a mind thing, and less of a body thing. You could be facing some anxiety, and in newly married couples there is a lot of stress and anxiety relating to performance. It could be this anxiety that is effecting your performance. You could try meditation and other exercises to relax your mind before you perform, to calm your mind.

As the human body is programmed to perform multiple times a day in suitable conditions, it would be best all those performances are share with your partner. This would lead to a successful attempt with your wife, and result in both partners reaching a satisfied state.

From your description it does not sound like there is anything wrong with you.

If the above tips do not help, then you could always consult a psycho-therapist or sexologist who will help you with solutions to calm your mind and body before you attempt to perform.

Your problem has an easy and simple solution. Do not worry.

Hope this information has helped you.

I wish you and your wife good health.
Answered: Wed, 21 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor