Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Ultrasound shows enlarged submental node, advised ascorbic acid. Best home remedies?

How long an enlarged submental node will be gone. For 3 weeks it s still there. Have ultrasound and results shows consider enlarged submental node . Advice to take ascorbic acid . Peripheral smear is ok. What is the best home remedies to do. Hot or cold compress? Advice to put hot compress on the area, I checked in internet, cold compress is better. Also I read castor oil is good to put in node.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  488
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query to us.
Submental lymph node is located just below the chin.The lymphatic drainage from the tip of the tongue, lower lip,floor of the mouth,skin of cheek,salivary gland, teeth will go to the submental nodes.
The lymph node swelling can be localised or generalised that is swelling in other lymph nodes in the body. Three weeks is a long time. As the infection subsides the lymph node swelling also decreases.
Since the swelling is still there from 3 weeks i would advise that you visit your doctor. Your doctor may perform a small test called as lymph node biopsy & examine the lymph node biopsy sample under microscope to find out the exact cause of submental node enlargement.
Wish you a good health.
Answered: Mon, 29 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor