• question-icon

Suggest remedies for dark skin complexion

Posted on Mon, 3 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi sir, I'm xxxxxxx I have a dark face. Im working in pharmaceutical production department. I was affected by a chemical vapour with which my face was swollen and became regular and then turned black. What to do to my face to become bright again.is there any side effects or consequences if I use any skin whitening pills. Suggest me any remedy for my skin to be brighter again.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Home remedies should eventually help

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I understand that the complexion seems to have darkened (tanned) possibly in reaction to exposure to chemical vapours and as a sequel of chemical irritation. But I would not really suggest using skin whitening pills or lotions. Although side effects are not the main concern, they are not expected to be of any good either. Rather, I would suggest the following:
* Apply the pulp of crushed tomatoes on your face. Tomatoes contain lycopene, a natural antioxidant that fights cellular damage in skin.
* Lemon juice has ascorbic acid and has de-tanning effect on the skin. You can use it with glycerine and apply on skin to get de-tanning.
* Potato juice also has de-tanning benefits on the skin. You can just use it with a drop of lemon.
* Egg white with honey pack also improves the texture and consistency of the skin.
* Curd and besan: A very quick and easy recipe to cleanse the skin and remove dead layer and tanning as well. One can use fuller earth as well with some XXXXXXX water.
* Aloe vera gel with lemon: Aloe vera gel is said to be best for the skin. If applied regularly it shows positive results in one or two weeks, especially for skin if it is damaged or tanned. It gives a protective layer to the skin.
* De-tan pack: Besan, milk, masoor dal powder, lemon juice and pinch of turmeric. Apply this pack on affected area and leave for 15 minutes and rinse with fresh water.

Let me know if I could help further.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha