Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online


What is a calculus measuring 3.1mm seen in the mid pole of right kidney?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jan 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  1293
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  Anonymous's Response

Calculus is a stone seen. Now you should follow certain dietary and lifestyle changes to improve it naturally. Also drink plenty of water. No need of surgery at this stage but if you ignore, then it shall grow in size and be of more concern later.

Answered: Thu, 28 Jan 2010
  User's Response

My diet had been very consistent with less of fats and oil and more of water contained food and also i drink prescribed level of water for a normal human being. So how should it be attended to?

Answered: Thu, 28 Jan 2010
Radiologist Dr. Joe Antony's  Response
Hi astrodreamer, welcome to healthcaremagic,
Please consult a urologist. You appear to have a very small stone in the middle part of your right kidney. You should drink plenty of water; also some medicines can be taken daily for some time... to dissolve the stone. Usually this type of medication and moderate increase in intake of water should solve your stone problem in 2 to 3 months time.
Take care.
Dr. Joe Antony, MD.
Answered: Fri, 28 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor