Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Two red patches on buttock, hot to touch, covered with itchy, watery blisters on the site of insect bite. No relief with tinactin. Effective remedy?

Two days ago my husband was sitting at the table eating dinner and all of the sudden said it felt like something bit him on his rear...and when i looked it appeared like a large mosquito bit, then yesterday he came home and now has two patches (one quarter size or larger and the other dime size) on his buttock, very red, hot to the touch and bothe covered in little watery clusters of blisters and he says they itch like crazy! He put some tinactin on during work with very little relief .
Asked On : Wed, 21 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  545
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
One of the thoughts that occur to me based on this information is a disease process called shingles. Shingles is a virus that is caused by the same virus as chickenpox. It occurs along a nerve where the chickenpox virus lurks.

So, first, has your husband had the chickenpox as a child?

Because the virus remains with us, hiding out in the nerves; an occurence could feel like a "bite". The areas could also itch. Blisters are common.

Few insect bites cause "blisters". In any case, a physician would be required to diagnose the problem.

Be well,
Dr. Kimberly
Answered: Thu, 22 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor