Does shingles cause blisters on the body?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Infections
Question: Hi I was dx with shingles at the top of buttcrack when i was 19 it recurred in same spot one year later.im 45 now and have had a few instances with blister lower in crack and it is becoming frequently now .i have blisters on one side right now.I have been tested for herpes when i had my infertility treatment 6 yrs ago and once when younger both negative .im scared this is happening all the time and always in the same area .is it still the shingles causing this??and why so often now .although i have had severe stress the last 5years.any reply would be great
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. Yes you are correct. It is the shingles virus causing these blisters. Actually the shingles virus remains in nerves for life time. It cannot be totally eradicated. when ever a person gets physical or mental stress the body immunity goes down and virus flares up. Best way to avoid this is to avoid stress. Once there is flare up treatment remains same. Hope you understood. Let me know if you have any other doubts. thank you
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 12 minutes later
was,wondering why it is coming back si often now could it be hormonal as well since i am in peri menopause? and is it normal to show up in areas a couple inches apart
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello No it is not hormonal. It is related to stress. Yes it is possible that the lesions come a few inches apart. Please take treatment if fresh lesions are there. And try to be tension free. Thank you