Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Trying to concieve, having irregular periods. Suggested follicular study, on Clome. Suggestions?

hi it had been 6 months as of nw for my marriage i had irregular periods from starting i consulted many DR. @ present im consulting @ fernandes hsptl she had my test n every thing came normal i want 2 conceive she has suggested me follicular study can u help me out what should i do she had prescribedme clome 50mg twice a day
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, thanks for using health care magic

A follicular study can provide information on the number and size of the follicles, and the corresponding changes in the lining of the uterus as the follicles change.Follicles contain a single immature egg which develops into a mature egg that is released.
The clome assists in ovulation/release of an egg and should also assist in conception.
Normally it is started at 50mg once daily and if there is inadequate response after it has been used appropiately , then the dosage is increased to 100mg once a day in a single dose.

I hope this helps
Answered: Thu, 15 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor