Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Trying to concieve. Obese, have PCOD, no periods. Ultrasound shows small eggs. Semen analysis shows low motile count. On medicines. Suggestions?

hi please send your reply on YYYY@YYYY . The scenario is that we intend to conceive a baby.I am 120kgs. and 31yrs. of age.Have PCOD and periods are mostly absent.Though I had natural flow last month. I got a ultrasound done on doctors advise and it shows the egg size is small. The semen analysis for my husband has low motile count. What should we do. I have been recommended Proticare(2 tabs a day) and a fertisure for my husband(1tab) a day. Please give your thoughts.
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  126
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Most important thing for you is weight loss. Weight loss will improve your fertility either by resuming spontaneous ovulation or making ovaries sensitive to ovulation induction medicines. You can consult diatician & join gym. If diet & exercise doesn't help, you can go for bariatric surgery.
For husband, he needs detailed investigation for low count & treatment of cause.
If count improves, you can take medicines for ovulation induction & try naturally.
If no treatble cause is found or count doesn't improve you need IVF/ICSI.
Wish you good health.
Answered: Tue, 13 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor