Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. Have irregular period. Taking duphoston. Do I need any other medicine?

Hi I got married 5 month back.My age is 30 years.I want to conceive as soon as possible.Now since 2 months I am using duphoston tablets.Previous month we tried participating in ovulation period but it did not get succeeded.I got periods again.My period are irregular.Please let me nkow do I need to take any other medicine to help in conceiving
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
See if the periods are irregular get a few tests like thyroid function test and hb and an ultrasonography done to find out any obvious causes of irregular periods,if any treat them after consulting your doctor.
Then regarding infertility treatment would advice you to undergo follicular study to know whether you are ovulating or not and you can try with ovulation induction drugs if too keen on concieving after consulting you doc.
Normally you ovulate from either ovaries each cycle but with ovulation induction drugs as per the doctors advice,many follicles develop from each ovary so chances of ovulation and pregnancy would increase,this has to be done with follicular study and with guidance of a qualified gynaecologist or infertility specialist
Answered: Thu, 24 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

OBGYN Dr. Shanti Vennam's  Response
Since you have the history of irregular periods, predicting ovulation time is difficult. If your cycles fall in the 28-35 day range, then they are normal. Otherwise the cause for irregularity should be elicited and corrected. You need to wait for a few more cycles before you can try artificial induction methods. Meanwhile you can get investigated by an infertility specialist keeping your age in view. You can get a complete blood picture, hormonal profile, sonogram, anti-semen antibody testing and also assessment of the male factor. Further management depends on the results. Good luck.
Answered: Thu, 24 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor