Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. Had PCOD. Do patients who have suffered from endometrial tuberculosis face problems while conceiving through IVF?

Hello Doctor.
I am a 31 year old female trying to conceive since the last 1 year. After starting my infertility treatment, my doctor suggested IUI. We did two 2 IUI but they did not turn positive. Since I had PCOD, my doctor advised for laproscopic ovarian drilling and hysteroscopy. The endometrial biopsy post hysteroscopy revealed endometrial tuberculosis. I underwent anti tubercular treatment for 6 months. Have now been trying to conceive with IVF.
HCG number post 1st IVF was 77 which later dropped.
Awaiting result for 2nd IVF cycle.

My question to you is that do patients who have suffered from endometrial tuberculosis face problems while conceiving through IVF?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  124
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Endometrial tuberculosis affects the uterine lining essential for implantation and as such, spontaneous conception is affected. This is why IUI also had perhaps failed. Added to this, you suffer from PCOD, a deficient ovulation condition. Tuberculosis usually affects the fallopian tubes first, so tubal blocks should also be assessed. Endometrial tuberculosis may lead to endometrial or uterine adhesions and in such a case, IVF also may not give good results. A hysteroscopy is necessary to diagnose this. Please wait for your next cycle and follow your doctor's instructions. Take care.
Answered: Tue, 2 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor