Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Treatment for Clubbed Thumb

I have a Clubbed Thumb, also known as Brachydactyly type D or BDD. It is only visible on my left thumb and has been there since birth . I wanted to know what I would need to do to get it looked at and what options there are to make the thumb more normal looking .... I have been looking on the net and found that surgery can correct this. My reason for this is I have been very conscious of my thumb for many years and I want rid of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jay
Asked On : Wed, 13 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  1714
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi Jay,

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum,
You need to consult a good Plastic Surgeon and take his opinion. Also, you have to undergo a battery of investigations before planning for reconstructive surgery.
Good Luck

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Mon, 25 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor