Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Traces of sugar in the urine. Need to be concerned?

I went to the doctors today for my yearly physical and had them perform a urine test because I was concerned I might have a kidney infection. The test came back negative for infection but they asked me if I had eaten any sugar this morning and I had alot of soda yesterday and she said there were slight traces of sugar in my urine an I have to go back again may 13 to have another test, should I be concerned?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It is quite possible to have traces of sugar in your urine and it may be due to large consumption of sugar on the previous day or in some people there is a low kidney threshold for sugar where some sugar is spilled in urine in the absence of diabetes.
However you must get your blood tested for blood sugar by getting FASTING,PP and HBA1c done,
Diabetes is said to be present of your fasting sugar is more than 126 and PP is above 200.
Pre diabetes is said to be present if fasting blood sugars are between 100 to 126 and PP between 140 and 200.
Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor