Toddler with cough and fever. Difficulty in breathing. Suggestions?

My 13 month old has had a cold for 2 weeks now and developed a fever 2 nights ago of 101.9. Yesterday the fever seemed to drop throughout the day and by the end of the day her temperature was down to 99.4. This morning she seemed fine and her fever was gone. This afternoon she developed a cough with some hoarseness and seems to have a lot of phlegm build-up in her throat that is making it hard for her to take a deep breath. Now her fever is back at 101.9. Is this something that just needs to be waited out or should I take her in to be seen?
Fri, 23 Nov 2012