Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Toddler with Lethargic, foul smelling gas with a low appetite. Suggestion?

Hi my 2 year old boy is very lethargic, has foul smelling gas and gets very upset if the toilet is mentioned. He is preceding to lay quietly on his belly and frequently pulls his legs to his stomach . When he does get up he walks like he is about to poo himself and wants to be picked up. Last opened bowels yesterday and appetite is down a little bit.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  594
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
thanks for asking,
Your child may be suffering from chronic constipation this may be the main reason for his pain abdomen and loss of appetite .there is also some chance he may be having some infection in his colons for which you may require to consult a pediatrician and in meanwhile give him fiber rich diet with plenty of fluid and milk.
take care.
Answered: Thu, 7 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor