Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Tingling sensation in the upper chest. Normal x-ray report. Can I get a scan?

Hi I have a trickling sensation from my left side upper chest to my lower right just above the naval. I have been to the doctors a couple of times and been dismissed and been to the hospital where a chest x ray was done and they said it was fine. This sensation used to be intermittent but its now permanent and it is worrying me. I would like a proper scan and not just an x ray, how do I get one of thes?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Good Evening,

This might be related to stomach and duodenum, not to lungs, so nothing to be found on X-ray.
You did not describe about your habits like alcohol or smoking because you could be suffered from gastric or duodenal ulcers which can present with atypical symptoms also, like you feel, but later on they can convert into burning sensation and pain.

So go for a UGI Endoscopy to rule out any Gastritis or duodenal ulcers, but there are strong chances to having these, so you will find definitive diagnosis and treatment.

Answered: Sat, 29 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Lohit K's  Response
Hi Thanks for using HCM.

Since x ray negative, no respiratory or cardio vascular symptoms you may not have any major problem. But if you want to test by scan then get done HRCT chest to rule out if any disease.
You may be feeling this due to gastric acidity problem. Take plenty of fluid, regular exercise and Tab Pantoprazole for a week 30 min before your dinner and see for any change in the sensation. Hope I answered your question.

Wish you good health. Take care,

Answered: Sat, 29 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor