Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Tingling in arm that wakes from sleep. Lump near armpit. See a doctor?

my left arm has pain and tingling that wakes me from sleep. Just showered and noticed that I have about a one inch lump above and behind armpit. Forgot to mention that when I hold my grandson(22 lbs) this same arm goes numb. I am 43 yr old female. Should I consult my family doctor or physician that performs my mammograms.
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  90
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response

Thanks for writing here.

Any lump or mass on any site of body after 40 should never be neglected.It will be better to consult your doctor.

Tingling and numbness can be due to some neurological disorders.You need to take nerve vitamins like pyridoxine and vitamin b12.

Hope this will help you.Take care.
Answered: Sat, 5 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor