Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
Based on the description of symptoms, you could have suffered a sprain of ankle.
An xray of the injured area is essential to rule out any bony injury
The primary management of a sprained ankle
is as follows -
* Protection to the ankle in the form of a splint
* Rest to the injured area and avoid bearing weight on the leg
* Elevation of the foot end
* Elastic compression bandage around the swollen area
* Ice packing once in every 2 hours to alleviate the pain
medications as needed
If your symptoms are still persisting , consult an orthopedic surgeon for further management.
Hope this information is helpful. Good day