Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

How can a bone bruise be treated after a fall?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1954
Answered : 4160 Questions
I fell approximately 4' from a ladder one week ago. Fell on my right knee, just below the cap. I thought perhaps I just had a bone bruise, but is not getting better. painful when walking, no swelling or signs of bruising.
Mon, 14 May 2018 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hot compress should help

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I would insist you to see a doctor (an orthopedician) and to get yourself evaluated. The fall would definitely have caused soft tissue injury although I do not expect a fracture of the long bones involved (else you would not have been able to walk). The bruise is unlike to expand and would eventually resolve in a week or so (after some color changes). But I am worried about the possibility of a ligament injury. Hot compress should help. You may take pain medication like Aleve (naproxen) if needed, preferably in full stomach.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor