Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

The pathology tests shows no growth of pus,still suffering from thyroid abscess. Is there any other treatment besides surgery ?

Dr my daughter is 51/2 yrs old she is suffering from thyroid abscess we had gone for surgeory also, but yet she has not cured well, the pus is forming again and again, what we have to do for it Dr? we are so blank of it Dr, what is the result for it?but in her medical reports she has no problem, we have did pathology test also in that result also there is no growth, plz guide me Dr
Asked On : Sun, 3 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
I fell empathetic for your kid's illness.It seems that there may be another pathology causing reccurent abcess.It may due to presence of a PYRIFORM SINUS FISTULA.Get the following test to evaluate this: "Barrium swallow xray of esophagus"
If this is present, complete excision of sinus tract will cure baby,insha allah.
Answered: Sun, 3 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor