Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Testicle pain, abdominal pain. What could this be?

My boyfriend has been complaining for about a month that his left testicle hurts off and on. So much so that if it sits on the couch or bed, he has to reposition it. Now hes complaining that his lower right abdomen hurts. He said its a constant pain. Ive asked him to go to the doctor and he wont. What could this possibly be?
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thanks for your query
testicular pain is caused due
the information you gave that your boyfriend has to reposition the testis to relieve the pain is a very is called Phren's points towards Epididymitis..
other cause can be testicular torsion in which the testicles get twisted and the blood supply is cut off..

in any of the cases kindly refer to a doctor and get the affected area examined..
in the meantime following home care steps may reduce discomfort and swelling:

Provide support to the scrotum by wearing an athletic supporter.
Apply ice to the scrotum.
Take warm baths if there are signs of inflammation.
While lying down, place a rolled towel under your scrotum.
Try over-the-counter pain relievers, such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen.

wishing you good health
Answered: Thu, 13 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor