Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Teenager, have gynecomastia causing depression. What can be done?

my son is 14 he thinks he has gynecomastia . we are going to see a physcian April 19. he is always upset and depressed and scared of going to school the next day because he doesnt know how he will take it if somebody bothers him about it. i want to help him but i dont know what to do for him. he wants surgery but right away but i told him he needs to wait a while. please,please,please HELP!!!!!
Asked On : Thu, 5 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  91
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response
Some enlargement of breast is often seen in pubertal boys which doesn't need any treatment. Check if he is overweight. It is advisable to do exercise which will make him lose some fat. However if there is frank gynecomastia then he needs some hormonal evaluation. Reassure your son that it is very common and can be treated.
Answered: Wed, 6 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor