Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Tampon left in too long

i had my period about a week ago, and i had sexual intercourse with my partner, i couldnt remember if i had a tampon in or not, well two days ago i got a yeast infection, and last night i had sex with my partner again and he felt something inside of me. i made him find out what, and he pulled out a tampon. that had been in there about a week or so. do i need to go see a dr. or anything i can do from home
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jan 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  2211
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Presence of tampon inside can increase the chances of infection.. It would be ideal to know what type of infection and a how serious the infection is by an examination.. But alternatively, there are a few home remedies for certain type of yeast infection.. So if you are sure it was a yeast infection then such home remedies can help.. Some of the home remedies are use of tampon soaked in vinegar, or boric acid suppositries.. And remember to remove the tampon after few hours..

Answered: Sat, 23 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor