Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Taking medicines for high sugar and triglycerides. Can I eat fish, egg or chicken?

hi doctor, my name is mathew. two weeks ago in a medical test , the report shows that my blood sugar fasting 133, try glycerides 176, sgot-36 & sgpt - 69. l started taking medicine for sugar and diet. what kind of food l can take. can l eat fish, chicken and egg ? l stopped alcohol conception. is there any liver problems for me
Fri, 22 Nov 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Homeopath 's  Response
Hello Mathew,
welcome to HCM,
Fasting sugar 133 is not so high. If it is detected first time don't start medicine for that. First do HbA1c report. It will decide whether you are diabetic or not.
If HbA1C is normal then there is no need to worry at all. If it is borderline or not so high then you have be cautious about food habits like sugar free diet, etc,.
And if it is high then you may have to go for anti-hypoglycemic medicines.
Your SGPT and SGOT is normal so there is no chance of any liver problem. But be careful and don't consume alcohol.
Have a good health
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor