Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Taking Clomid. Positive pregnancy test. What does a 54 HCG test result really mean?

I have been on Clomid the last 6 months and this month I finally have a positive preg test. I have been taking 150mg of Clomid the last two months. I had blood work done today 29 days after LMP and my HCG level is 54. My ovulation usually occurs about the 16th day of my cycle. I am a little later than the average woman - according to what I have been told. I read on the internet today and my HCG level of 54 concerns me. I will have another blood test in 2 days. What does the 54 HCG test result really mean?
Wed, 14 Nov 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
well , you have done a pregnacy test too earlier.This is a low level HCG, and it could be a early pregnancy. Please repeat after 2 days . The level needs to be more than double in normal intrauterine pregnancy.If it doesn't, then it is a cause of little concern.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor