Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Syringoma, had biopsy,taken bit skin, located under eyes.Treatment?

My question is about syringoma. My dermatologist did a biopsy, cutting a small piece of my skin out. His recommendation was to continue to cut small pieces out and let the skin heal. The part he cut out healed fine. Mine are located under my eyes. Do you recommend this. Would it be wise to have a plastic surgeon do this? Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
The main reason for treatment is cosmetic; in particular, patients commonly seek treatment for syringomas of the eyelids and cheeks, which may be conspicuous. The goal of therapy for syringomas should be the destruction of the tumor with minimal scarring and no recurrence. However, because syringomas are embedded within the dermis, complete removal is often unsuccessful and recurrence is common.No comparative studies and no long-term follow-up studies are available on which to base definitive recommendations for syringoma treatment. Possible treatments include the following: surgical excision with suturing, scissor excision with intentional healing (in your case) ,cryotherapy or electrocautery.
Answered: Sat, 12 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor