Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Symptom of arteriosclerosis

My mother died due to arteriosclerosis she was only 48yrs old, she went to the doc the day b4 she died ? for chest pain shouldn't her doctor have and explanation of why they didn't detect this. She has high blood pressure and high cholesterol.. She was so young it would have been detected but ignored by her doc. I wounder is we could sue her doc ?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  417
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
You can always file a suit, yes. Whether you will be sucessful or not remains to be seen. If your mom was previously diagnosed with high blood pressure and high cholesterol- was she having that treated? Was she doing anything to control them? I don't know what happened in the office when she saw the doctor- so I don't know what she may have told him. As a rule, doctors take a complaint of chest pain pretty seriously, and they don't ignore it. But you don't die suddenly of high blood pressure, high cholesterol or arteriosclerosis- that's the result of years of damage. There's no proving that anything the doctor could have done or did, or didn't do- that would have changed the outcome. I'm sorry you lost your mother, and you are right- 48 is too young. Unfortunately, you need to ask a lot more questions before you will know if anything could have been done or should have been done. It's a good idea to start asking, but just don't be too disappointed if the answer is that nothing could have changed it. However, you should also ask if this could have been a family tendency that you and your other family members should be looking out for. Otherwise, your mother may not be the last one lost too young to heart disease. You can't save her, but you may still be able to save others in the family from this. So ask, by all means.
Answered: Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor