Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Swollen rib pain with soreness just right under my breast

hello i was in a car crash the end of 2008. and had pain in my back, neck, right ribcage at the time it even hurt to laugh, sit etc.i was told by my doctor that it was soft tissue damage and that it would heal in a few weeks.however the pain got worse and i started getting severe pains in my chest aswell and found it hard to breathe.i was sent to hospital where they done an ecg and the doctor examined me and said he thought i had fractured my rib.after a week the pain was still really bad so i was sent back to hospital to get x-rays done which they said were clear.i have had phsycio done and taken loads of medication. however i still have constant pain in my right ribs since the accident my doctor kept saying it will go away i even had to give up my job as bending, lifting etc made it worse.i have done 2 mri s and i am awaiting the results. but even the specialist i was sent to seemed like he did not know what was wrong. i have told them that it feels swollen just right under my breast at the top of my ribcage and is really sore there and at the very bottom of my right ribcage but they still have no answers for me this has been going on a long time and i really wish i could just feel normal again. when i get really sore i cant do anything and get pains in my head .i have to sleep on my back every night due to the discomfort.please have you any idea what it could be or who else i could go to?
Asked On : Thu, 16 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  354
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
You need evaluation of your case,
As all investigations are normal so there is soft tissue injury and some trauma inside your thoracic cage might have give you severe pain.
There is chance to have hemorrhage inside and some nerve injury too.
Consult thoracic surgeon and take his opinion.
ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 16 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor