Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Swollen lump on palm, sensitive skin around it. No redness or itchiness. Have knuckle pain. Spider bite?

I currently have a decently sized swollen lump on the side of my palm on the pinky side of my right hand . and the skin around the area and up the arm a little ways is rather sensitive to the touch. There is no redness or itchiness anywhere. just a slight pain on the bottom knuckle. I think it may be a spider bite but im not sure....
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response

It seems that you may be having either irritant contact dermatitis or insect toxic dermatitis.

There may be some irritant or some insect, which may be responsible.

Anyway, the treatment is same.

Take a short course of steroids in tappering dose.

Take antihistaminics.

You take antibiotics to preve nt se condary infection.

I think, you may be benefitted.

I hope you got my a nsw er.


Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Answered: Sat, 17 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor