Swelling of the eyes, forehead and throat with diarrhea. What could be the problem ?

Hi. My sister in law woke up the other morning with a swollen forehead and eyelids . We don t know if it was an allergic reaction to something she ate or maybe the type of material from her clothing. The swelling has now progressed down her to her chest and even her throat is starting to swell. She also has huge lumps across her scalp. We took her to the hospital but nothing was done, just pain killers were given to her. What should we do? Is there something she can take for the mean time until we see a different doctor? She s also had diarhorea for nearly 2 weeks, could this be related? Its seems to just keep spreading and growing more lumps and swelling. Thankyou
Tue, 19 Apr 2011