Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Swelling in vaginal labia, happens after sex, wore condoms during sex, pad worn for menstrual cycle. Treatment for swelling?

Hello.. I have a swollen libia. It first happened about 6 months ago. After intercourse, it swells up and takes quite a while to go down. It had enlarged from top to bottom just on one side, hiding the other libia. There no itching, burning, or scabs and no discharge ... Just swollen. There isnt any skin hanging as well. My menustral cycle had came and it was pretty heavy so I wore a pad. The pad had irritated the Libia and for the first time it irritable and hurts, especially when sitting and walking. I had visited the ER and they couldn t diagnose me. The condoms we use during intercourse are regular trogans, no special brand (I.e special lube, ribbed, etc.) . Can you please share the causes, treatments or tell me what I m typically suffering from?
Asked On : Mon, 21 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  155
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
A unilateral, one-sided swelling,asymtomatic, could be a Bartholin's Cyst.This is the swelling of a gland within the introitus. In some people there is recurrent Bartholinitis, if infected pus may develop causing severe pain. The treatment is cystectomy or marsupialisation of the sac, these are minor surgical procedures.
Answered: Tue, 22 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor