Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Swelling and pain in the testicle. Epididymitis found in ultrasound report. What is the treatment?

Hi dr i am 41years old male having swellig in my right testies last 1.6 years. i have done my ultrasoud & color dropler but reports shown epiditiis in my testis, some time pain & haevyness in my testies. urine culture is normal. dlc & tlc is quite normal but i have pain & swelling n my testies, pls tell me about the remedies of thi type of problems, what is this type of problem, should i do mri of testis. pls tell me. thkx.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  86
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have Chronic Epididymitis on Rt side confirmed on ultrasound scanning and Colour Doppler study.
Please take antibiotics like Doxycycline along with some anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily. Get prescription of the drugs from your family Physician.There is no need to do MRI.

Dr.Patil .
Answered: Thu, 28 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Sudhir's  Response

You need to take course of antibiotics.Cause of epididymitis is infection.You don't need MRI of testis, sonography is good enough.

You need broad spectrum antibiotics and then repeat sonography.

Hope this helps.Regards.
Answered: Thu, 28 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor